Monday, September 12, 2011

Delta Zeta Bid Day

So, yesterday was Bid Day for my sorority. If you know absolutely nothing about Greek Life, this is the day when we get our new members. Unfortunately, I couldn't make it to any of the events to meet the girls because of rehearsals for the show I'm in. But, yesterday I was able to attend a portion of the wonderful welcoming of our new sisters. The day started off with the reading of the list of our new members on the porch, we then proceeded to make them posters and bags of goodies. When we got to King Horn to see the girls, the excitement in the room was enthralling. Everyone was taking pictures and smiling all over the place. Getting these new girls (and our RGs) is almost like Christmas. They are each gifts to our sorority! When they finally ran into our huge group of women cheering for them I understood why I'm part of this sorority. It truly is a family that loves you no matter what. My sisters are always there with a hug and a smile when I'm down. We have fun together. We laugh together. We live together. I just hope that our new members take this experience and run with it. Being in a sorority can be frustrating at times (I have never really been a big "girly-girl") but it is so worth it in the long run. Sisters are forever, and I'm so glad that we have a new group of girls to show that to!



Lauren


food for thought: "A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life"

woah, that's neat: http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/ << okay, so I'm totally into food blogs right now and this one is WONDERFUL. The pictures are gorgeous and the recipes look so yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment