Friday, September 2, 2011

Facebook

So, Facebook changed the way my generation looks at Social Media. At this point in time, Facebook serves as a home base for most of our online lives. You have a profile, you have friends, you can show your likes and dislikes. People flock to facebook because it is easy to use and has loads of new interesting features that have sprung up in the past few years. Chat is now available one on one, but also in group settings. You can play games through Facebook and even access other websites through your facebook account. Facebook is also a great tool for businesses, believe it or not. Businesses are able to use Facebook to directly interact with their customers. They release information, stories and pictures about their business. Heck, even my University has a Facebook! Musicians sell merchandise through facebook and release concert dates. Nowadays if you don't have a facebook, something is wrong with either you as a person or you as a company. It is the new way to keep in touch with clients, old friends and new acquaintances. Facebook has changed our Social Media landscape completely, but I think they need to make some changes to compete with the new up-and-comers. Google + (which I have yet to be invited to) and Twitter are starting to dominate the media scene. Who knows if the next generation of computer users will flock to Google + and if Facebook will fall. I definitely have to say that the site has lost its "cool" factor to me ever since my mom and grandma got facebooks. Still, it is a powerful tool in the way our society works and has made a huge impact on my life. Facebook me :)

Lauren


food for thought: "We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets"- Marilyn Monroe

woah, that's neat: www.polyvore.com < A site for fashionistas the world over. Create your own outfits, browse through clothes and access new designers!

1 comment:

  1. I have been on facebook since high school. My little sister was in junior high when she started hers I believe.

    I see more people's parents, aunts, uncles, and grandparents on facebook more and more everyday.

    It does seem like the entire world is on facebook, but quite frankly, I'm over it. Last year I deleted a bunch of people from my page and deleted a bunch of pictures as well.

    Some people just expose too much on facebook and whether I know you or not, there are somethings better left off the internet. I know only keep one profile picture on my page and don't even posts statues. Facebook is just uninteresting to me at the moment. I think I burned it out my first few years of college. I will keep one, I just don't use it for much beside playing Price Is Right and Family Feud :)

    ReplyDelete