Monday, October 31, 2011

The Future

So, I am pretty stoked, excited and scared about my life right now. I have a lot of great things going for me and I have no idea where my life is headed. At the beginning of this semester I had wanted to transfer to University of Texas, but I have since decided to stay where I am. I am content at ONU. I am in a phenomenal, awarding winning and rewarding public relations program. I am a member in tons of clubs and get to be super involved on campus. I can still perform, even though I am not a musical theatre major anymore. I still get to take piano and voice lessons. My professors know me by name and are willing to help me in any way they can. This is a great environment for my to be in at this stage in my career. However, there have been some pretty crazy surprises in my schedule for the next year. It turns out I'll be graduating after three years of college. I am not doing this on purpose, why would I try to speed up growing up? But it is virtually pointless for me to stay here a fourth year, unless I decided to pick up a minor or another major. So, I will graduate in the Spring of 2013 and hopefully, be attending law school soon after. Yep, you heard right, law school. I honestly just decided on law school this summer. I want to be able to provide for myself and for my family. I don't want to depend on my husband (if I ever get one) for money. I want to use my brain power for the rest of my life. I know that I can excel in whatever I try to do, but this change is going to be a scary one. Life seems to be moving so fast and I can't believe that the end of school is so close. I know I'll still have law school for a few years, but after that it's real life! I am excited and scared and worried and elated that all of this is happening right now. I just have to keep my eyes on the goal, keep making good grades and hope for the best!


Lauren



food for thought: "When patterns are broken, new worlds emerge."- Tuli Kupferberg

woah, that's neat: www.loseit.com << A really neat weight-loss site!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you're going to stay here Lauren! You have big things ahead of you! But I feel the same way...I only have six months left of school, its crazy to think that I'm not going to be a student anymore. While I'm excited for the next chapter in my life, I know I'm going to be that post-graduate who will be reminiscing and wishing I was still in school.

    ReplyDelete