Monday, October 17, 2011

Missing Home

So, I never thought this day would come, but I seriously miss Ada, Ohio. I miss the biting cold wind. I miss the non-stop chatter in the sorority house. I miss walking to class with friends. I miss rehearsals. I miss meetings. I miss fraternity parties. I miss waking up in the morning dreading to go to my 8 AM lab. I miss the groggy car rides to my 8 AM lab. I miss eating lunch on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays with my sisters. I miss going to my friend Derek's house to goof around on a school night. I miss late night White Bear runs. I miss quick trips to the convenience store when I have no time to eat a meal. I miss staying up later and talking with my room mate to all hours of the morning. I miss laying in bed and reading my book with my side lamp. I miss my bill boards. I miss my mini-fridge. I miss Internet that actually works. I miss the quiet nights where the stars shine brightly. I miss the black swans, the geese, the ducks and the new white farm ducks. I miss my professors. I even miss my classes. It is really funny that only being away for two weeks has made me so "home sick." I never thought that I could call Ada, Ohio my home, but for these next four years it will be. I will have so much in common with the people that I meet there. I will learn so much from the classes that I take. I can't wait to go home tomorrow. It is really, really true that absence makes the heart grow fonder.



Lauren


food for thought: "Steve Iseman, the Dumbledore of the public relations field."- My dear friend, Joseph Sasak

woah, that's neat: www.gethuman.com <<  A really sweet website that takes you through all the automated voice systems so you can actually talk to a REAL person.

1 comment:

  1. Trust me, you really aren't missing anything. This place has been nothing but a drag. I would much rather be in Orlando!

    ReplyDelete