Monday, December 12, 2011

Semester's End: What I've Learned

So, this will be my last blog post on this blog, and lately I've been reflecting on all the wonderful and helpful things I've learned in my social media class. Yes, I knew about websites like Facebook and Twitter. I knew about some of the ways in which these sites could be utilized, but through the readings I had for this class I learned so much more. Social media and the technologies that are a part of our everyday life our constantly changing. But, it isn't these changes that are important. All of the books we read this semester stressed the importance of relationships. Whether it was how to measure them or how to enrich them, at the end of the day it is the interactions with our key publics that determine our success in the social media sphere. According to Groundswell, we need to listen to, engage and excite our key public. David Meerman Scott helps us utilize all of the new facets of the social media world to interact with our key audiences in real time. Whether it's through podcasts, blogs, viral videos, Twitter, Facebook or any other myriad of social media sites, we need to stay focused on our relationships. And it is easier than ever before to do that. Technology has brought us back to the times of the open-aired market. People create forums where they can discuss topics together from across the globe. Stories can spread like wildfire across the web. I can't wait to put in to practice all of the things I have learned from these books and also see how social media changes. I know that this class has prepared me for it.


Lauren


food for thought: "Kisses are a better fate than wisdom" - E.E. Cummings

woah, that's neat: www.stumbleupon.com << The first addicting site of all addicting sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment