Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Very (Unmerry) Christmas Beginning

So, I am very stressed. I think that has been pretty obvious in some of my previous posts. I am swamped with work and yet no matter how much I think I accomplish, there is still a big pile of work waiting to be done. I've had emotional breakdowns these past two days. One was to my dad, who reminded me that I'm not superwoman and I need to prioritize everything I do. He reminded my I'm only human and life is too short for me to worry about how things will end up. Today, when I thought that I was doing great I had another meltdown in my voice lesson. Thank God that my voice teacher is a wonderful man who sat me down with a box of tissues and reminded me to breath. Needless to say, I am not in the Christmas spirit at all. I just want that warm and feeling to overcome me. I want to be excited for Santa Claus, 25 Days of Christmas on ABC Family, sipping hot cocoa, looking at Christmas lights and church on Christmas Eve. I want it to snow (surprisingly). I want to relax and sleep all day and snuggle in my warm bed at home. I love Christmas time, it's my favorite time of the year. But, as of right now, I can't focus on being happy. I just have to work, work, work like a little elf to get everything done. I pray that God gives me the strength, patience and foresight to know that my semester will end up ok. I wonder if Santa's elves feel this way the few weeks before Christmas?


Lauren



food for thought: "Christmas is a time when you get homesick - even when you're home."  -Carol Nelson

woah, that's neat: www.google.com << Ok, I know, pretty generic. But seriously, Google is amazing. Their email, their calendars... their applications. I'm seriously so obsessed with Google and all the cool things they do.

1 comment:

  1. Dead week should be called hell week. I too have had some pretty bad emotional break downs the past 2 weeks. Only 3 more days, we can do it!

    ReplyDelete